0800 077 6180
Calls from mobiles may be charged
Answers to all your PPI claims questions if you are in or have been in a DMP or IVA or Bankrupty
By Jimbo2
Hi, i'm in a debt management plan and have been for about a year. the loan i had ppi on is not in the dmp as i paid this off before i got into financial difficulty, which company is best to claim with? i cannot do it myself as i have no account details..... Can you suggest anything?
Hello Jimbo2 and welcome to the forum.

The first thing I would ask is do you have any other outstanding debt with the bank you want to make the claim against? If so then even if you do claim they are likely to keep your compensation to offset against the debt you still owe them.

If you do not have any other debt with this bank then the best thing to do is make the claim yourself. Unfortunately you do have to provide the original account number in order to be able to make a claim. I do not think there is any claims company that can help you unless you can provide these.....
Hi Jimbo2

Geraldine is right. The first thing to do is establish if you still owe money to this bank in any other form. If not then I would say making a claim should be quite straight forward to do yourself. However you will need to find the account number yourself. Have you tried checking your credit file? If the debt was paid off less than 6 years ago a record of it should still be there.
Thanks for your replies guys. As far as I am aware I do not owe any other money to the bank I had this loan with. I will try to find some old paperwork with the account number but I am not hopeful as I have moved a couple of times since then. I would like to try getting a copy of my credit file as you suggested. How do I do this?
Hi Jimbo2

Hayden is right to point out that you will need to find the original account number of this loan. Did you find this from your credit report? If you can do this given you do not owe this bank any other money you should have no problem making a PPI claim yourself. You will then use the compensation to settle some of the debts in your DMP if you want. Good luck with it