0800 077 6180
Calls from mobiles may be charged
A good starting point for Debt relief Order Questions
By Carla
Hello PitTony and welcome :)

As far as I am aware the fact that you have gambled in the last few months will not stop you from starting a DRO. However the person who assesses your situation might want confirmation that you have stopped gambling now. As such I would suggest you wait for 2 month so that you can show 2 bank statements with no gambling. Also are you getting help from somewhere like gambler anonymous? If you can show you are doing that it will also help.
Hi PitTony
I agree with Carla, you should not be stopped from starting a DRO due to your gambling but as Carla said you will need to show that you have stopped gambling. I would try your gp first and ask them to put you in contact with a gamblers help group.

The most important thing for you right now is to stop gambling and get help. You can then start the DRO process. Please let us know how you are doing and if you need any further help
Thanks for your messages. I have been going to a group for a month or so now and it has helped. I have not used any gambling sites for 4 weeks. I will take your advice and wait until I have two clear bank statements. Who is it best to speak to about a setting up a DRO would you say?
Hi PitTony

I am glad you are already getting help for your gambling issues that is great news and I am sure you will find a lot of benefit from it not only in your finances.

If you look at the article below on the Beat my debt website this will help you with starting your DRO and gives you the contacts you need. Also you can always call James at Beat my debt for any further help and he is excellent at guiding you through the process. Of course you can always ask any questions on this forum too.

https://www.beatmydebt.com/debt-relief- ... ief_order/

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing and if you need any further advice.

Good luck :)