0800 077 6180
Calls from mobiles may be charged
A good starting point for Debt relief Order Questions
By Suki28
Hello. I was wondering if you could help me please, am I able to apply for DRO from overseas? Thank you.
By Carla
Hello Suki28 and welcome to the forum :)

As far as I am aware you can do a Debt Relief Order if you have move away from the UK but I think it depends where you are living now. If you have moved to another EU country then you need to start the DRO process within 3 months of leaving I believe. If you are outside the UK you can still carry out a DRO for up to three years.
User avatar
By James Falla
Hi there Suki28

Carla is absolutely correct. The rules concerning carrying out a DRO if you have moved away from the UK are exactly the same as for bankruptcy. If you have moved outside the EU then you have the right to apply for a DRO for up to three years from the date you moved.
By Suki28
Thank you both for you advice. I am living outside the EU. Who should I contact to start the process?
User avatar
By Hayden
You can read more about how to get a Debt Relief Order on the main BeatMyDebt.com website Suki28. Have a look at this link: How do I get a Debt Relief Order?

Basically your best bet would be to give the CCCS a call. They can help you through the process.