0800 077 6180
Calls from mobiles may be charged
A good starting point for bankruptcy questions
By Mikeyboy49
Hi
I will have been discharged from bankruptcy for 3 months on 22nd February but my name is still inthe register. Is this normal and is there any way I can get it removed now?

Many Thanks

Mike
By Melissa S
Hi Mike
Firstly congratulations on your bankruptcy discharge, you must be feeling relief.

Secondly, I would not be too concerned just yet about your bankruptcy still being on the register. It does not get removed until 3 months after your discharge, so if you check in a week this may have happened. If not then you can chase this up by speaking to your OR and the court. However, there should be no issue with this.

If you have checked in a weeks time and are still having issues please come back and ask for further help :)
By Mikeyboy49
Thanks for that, it has indeed gone this morning.

Is there any way I can get a copy of my discharge notice do you know? I accept I may have to pay for this but think it will help me to update my credit file?

Mike
By Melissa S
Hi there Mike
Glad to hear it has come off now. You can get a letter of confirmation of discharge from your OR and this is free, if you want an actual certificate you would need to ask the court for this and there is a charge of £70 for this.

However, a copy of the confirmation letter is usually enough for any credit agencies etc.

Hope this helps

Melissa