0800 077 6180
Calls from mobiles may be charged
If you are struggling with your IVA get advice and help here
User avatar
By Hayden
Definitely speak to your IP and let them know that you can no longer afford to make payments and you want your completion certificate Rogerthat. Then you can start to plan your bankruptcy.
By Rogerthat
Well i have spoken to my IP and told them that I will not be making any further payments. Thwey were actually very understanding when I told them that i felt that bankruptcy is now my best option. They said that I should receive confirmation of the failure in the post by the end of the month. In the mean time I am going to start getting my bankruptcy forms ready. Any advice for the best way to do that?
By Carla
Hi Rogerthat. There is a lot of information on the BeatMyDebt.com site about how to go bankrupt. Have a look at this link: How to declare bankruptcy.

I think the first thing you need to do is complete your application forms which can be downloaded from the page linked above. However I would say that you should seriously consider getting some professional help with completing the forms as I am sure that this will prevent you having problems down the line. Have a look at this topic started by someone who recently went through the process to see what I mean: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=16327
User avatar
By Steve Jackson
Carla has posted some great links for you Rogerthat. have a read through the information about the step you need to go through to declare yourself bankrupt and download the applicartion forms. As Carla has said do consider giving us a call here at BeatMyDebt.com if you are at all unsure as it is important to get everything right. We will of course also be happy to give you continued support here on the forum.