A good starting point for IVA questions
By edbling
#33162 Hi, just to let you know I will complete my IVA in February 2017 so not long now. It's been hard but glad I started it as I was in a pretty bad state 5 years ago so I'm sooo glad I stumbled across this site!
What I was wanting to ask is...I have just looked at noddle and nearly all of my accounts show defaults for every month from the start of my IVA. Is this normal and when I get my certificate they should drop off? Or should i write to them now informing them it's incorrect? Thank you.
By Hayden
#33164 Hi there edbling.

Great to hear from you again and I am glad that your IVA has been going well.

In terms of your credit file it is normal for defaults to continually be added each month during an IVA. It is nothing to worry about. The record of your IVA and the other creditors involved will stay on your credit file for 6 years from the date the Arrangement started. So in your case it will be sometime in 2018 before your file is completely clear.

Once you get your completion certificate it is a good idea to check your file then and see what is happening. However in the mean time have a look at this info about repairing your credit file after your IVA is completed. I think you will find it useful: How to improve your credit rating after an IVA.